JG Black Book is here to assist you in obtaining your travel lifestyle goals with our new “Must-Haves” series. Whether that means adding luxury, eco-conscious or family-friendly must-haves to your repertoire, we’ve got you covered! This week: 10 Luxe Travel Must-Haves.
You know a stylish and savvy luxury traveler when you see one. On flights, they don their Bose noise canceling headphones, take one monogrammed travel accessory after the other out of their high-end, durable bag, and always seem to know the right moment to slip on a rejuvenating face mask. In their destination of choice, they balance their itineraries between spa time and private tours, they know which Michelin restaurants are worth booking, and they always seem to be staying at smaller, in-the-know properties.
Here are 10 luxe travel must-haves worth investing in to get you one step closer to becoming “that traveler”.
1. A relationship with a luxury travel advisor: Well-informed travelers don’t waste their time getting lost in the internet wondering which travel recommendations to trust. Instead, they put their travel plans in the hands of an expert by employing a luxury travel advisor with insider connections, and you should too. Hire an advisor, like our dear friend Kristen Korey Pike of KK Travels Worldwide, to orchestrate a trip tailored just for you that is sure to be packed with unforgettable, rare experiences.
2. A PJ Harlow Satin pillow case: Slip this buttery soft, pearl-colored pillow case over your plane or hotel pillow to rest your head on a cool surface and appease your bed head. Be sure to add an embroidered monogram to give it that luxe appeal!
3. Walker Valentine technology cases: Protect your iPad and laptop with these custom, high-quality linen Walker Valentine technology cases from Ellis-Hill. With 500 different thread colors and 75 different monogram styles to choose from, what’s not to love?
4. Bookings at independent properties: Get to know the smaller independent properties that offer unparalleled accommodations, amenities, dining options and excursions, all from prime locations. We know our partners are the best of the best, so book your next stay at one of these properties, like The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah.
5. Personalized Goyard luggage: Instead of tying a ribbon or flimsy tag onto your bag, tote a Goyard Bourget trolley set that’s unmistakably yours with the addition of a hand-painted monogram.
6. A Tumi adapter with USB: Never run out of power no matter where you find yourself in the world with this all-in-one convenient and reliable TUMI adapter that works in over 150 countries.
7. A few Boscia sake brightening hydrogel masks: Arrive looking refreshed and well-rested no matter how many z’s you get with these sake, antioxidant and marine collagen face masks and eye masks by Boscia. We especially love that they are paraben, sulfate, artificial fragrance-free and more!
8. Several expert tour operators on speed-dial: Have several tour operators in your back pocket to ensure your travels are being enriched with expert knowledge delivered through seamless logistics. Leverage our tour operator partners, like Ansova Travel, who are guaranteed to offer up secrets typically only locals know about.
9. A chic silver MINI JAMBOX by Jawbone: For an impromptu beach party or to make a call while you’re primping for a night out, bring your jambox around for stylish beats and convenient chats.
10. A Smythson travel journal: Jot down the name of the cocktail lounge you adored in Cannes, or the name of the fabulous fish you tried in the Maldives in your sleek Smythson travel journal. Handcrafted in England, these beautiful notebooks are the perfect size to toss into your bag to capture all of your fabulous travel memoirs.
– The JG Black Book Team