JG Black Book is here to assist you in obtaining your travel lifestyle goals by continuing our “Must-Haves” series. Whether that means adding luxury, active, eco-conscious or family-friendly must-haves to your repertoire, we’ve got you covered! This week: 10 Active Travel Must-Haves.
You know an “always on-the-go” and wellness-conscious traveler when you see one. On flights, they sport on-trend athleisure-wear, tote their perfectly rolled-up yoga mat and constantly hydrate with fresh fruit-infused water. In their destination of choice, they keep their well-being in check by balancing time between audacious excursions and hitting reset by the pool or at the spa.
Here are 10 active travel must-haves worth investing in to get you one step closer to becoming “that traveler”.
1. A few A.L.C. athleisure pieces: Exclusively at Intermix, invest in the new A.L.C. On Duty athleisure line. “Inspired by sportwear yet next-level luxe, these must-have pieces always look styled” and are perfect for your upcoming fall travel plans.
2. Relationships with expert tour operators: Keep the best expert tour operators in your top destinations in your back pocket. They will get to know your active interests and curiosities and craft custom expeditions you’ll find irresistible. Leverage our tour operator partners, like Micato Safaris, known for making the impossibly exclusive experiences possible. Not to mention, they were the recent winner of Virtuoso’s Best VAST (Virtuoso Active & Specialty Travel) Partner Award and Virtuoso’s Destinations & Experiences Ambassador of the Year Award!
3. A luxury dive watch: Being active while traveling doesn’t have to mean leaving luxury behind. Don the Omega Seamaster Ocean GMT watch with rubber straps and you’ll be wearing the best of both worlds. As a tribute to GoodPlanet Foundation, this timekeeper allows you to track two time zones and is water resistant to 2,000 feet!
4. A bottle of Beautycounter sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays with Beautycounter’s far from ordinary Protect All Over Sunscreen. Beautycounter, known for its mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone, formulates their water-resistant sunscreen with non-nano zinc oxide, an effective, natural mineral. The sunscreen also has aloe which hydrates your skin and antioxidant-rich blood orange extracts!
5. A pair of Luminette light therapy glasses: Beat jet lag and boost your energy levels by slipping on Luminette’s light therapy eyewear. They may look silly, but by wearing these specs for just 20-45 minutes, you will recover twice as fast from jet lag to ensure you never skip a beat while on your way to adventure.
6. A YOGO ultralight travel yoga mat: Create your moment of zen anytime, anywhere with YOGO’s durable, lightweight yoga mat. This mat folds perfectly into small bags, has just the right amount of stickiness for grip and can be washed and hung in the shower by its handy straps. Need more convincing? For each mat purchased, one tree gets planted in Africa!
7. Bookings at independent properties with wellness programs: Stay at a smaller independent property that not only offers unparalleled accommodations and amenities, but also prioritizes your health by hosting a wellness program. Take The Chedi Andermatt, for example. They have teamed up with the #1 weight-loss spa in France to create a revolutionary slimming and renewal program exclusively for their guests.
8. A GoPro HERO5 Black: Capture vivid photos and smooth footage on land, in the air or under the sea using the newest addition to the GoPro family, the GoPro HERO5 Black. With just one click or a simple voice command, you’ll be on your way to sharing your active adventures with the world.
9. A MyCharge AdventurePlus: Stay powered no matter where your active escapades take you with MyCharge’s AdventurePlus. This rugged portable charger has 2 USB ports and can hyper-charge two smartphones, or other USB devices, simultaneously. So snag one and clip it to your bag using the gadget’s handy carabiner.
10. A suitcase that can keep up: Pre-order LAT 56’s Road Warrior carry-on suitcase to tote around one of the most stable, durable, tech-focused bags on the market. It features a patented Suit Packing System for the ultimate crease-free garment technology, detachable water-resistant sealed shoe/laundry bag, a luxury lining, ample pockets, detachable pouches and more!
– The JG Black Book Team